A Journey Together...

I am branching out from my family blog, and have started this as a separate forum to discuss a topic that is so very close to my heart, and may be to yours, as well: Adoption! My amazing husband of 9 years and I have been blessed, three times over, by the gift of adoption. As many more of our friends are building their families through adoption, or considering adoption as a way to build their family, I have been feeling more of a desire to have a forum where we can share our joys, struggles, and insights with each other. My hope is to also provide a way for those who are interested, to learn more about adoption. A place where you can ask questions, and a place for your friends and family to learn how to ask questions! The more we educate ourselves and those around us about the beauty of adoption, the better we can raise our children in healthy, open environments that embrace all of who they are, all that God has created them to be. Feel free to leave your comments and ask questions. I look forward to sharing more with you!

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Can't you have any children of your own?

Wow. I love this one. As if it is because you have given a social worker the privilege of knowing every. detail. of. your. life., suddenly gives total strangers that same privilege. Now, as the tactful parent I am, *wink* I usually give a totally political correct response, in an effort to educate those unfamiliar with the bonds of adoption by saying something like
"Actually, they are our own. Whether children join our family by birth or adoption, the good Lord makes them our own."
But I must admit, that I have been tempted to respond with equally inappropriate personal questions to them:
WARNING: The following comments are made by an only-sometimes-sane Irish mother of three boys, ages 4 and under. I cannot be held responsible for any offense that may be taken.

1) So, do you currently have hemorrhoids?

2) Have you done your kegel's today?

3) I was just wondering if those were really yours?

4) How have your ovaries been operating lately?

5) Do you ever have that "not so fresh feeling?"

So, how about you? What inappropriate questions would like to ask? ;o)

4 comments:

Neuropoet said...

Chrissy-dear, thanks for sending out the email about your new blog - what a wonderful idea!!! It was so encouraging to read your boys' stories over again - so encouraging to know that not all adoptions fail. I know from experience that it's love that binds a family together - not blood. This fall, it will be two years since our little redheads were "returned" to their birthmother - we haven't heard a thing about them - they are 3 and 4 now, and I still think of them every day. My boys still dream about them... There are nights I still cry when I'm all alone - they still feel as much like my children as my biological boys do - even though I have no idea where they are, if they're being fed, if they have beds to sleep in. It is a daily "letting go" for me, I have to remember that our Lord knows the answers to these questions, and trust Him to take care of them for me.

Anyway, I'm glad you came up with the idea for this blog, and I'll be stopping by regularly...

hugs,
~Jenny

Christine said...

Jenny,
I think of you often, and of the painful time you had letting go of your beautiful foster babies. Although we don't know where they are now, one thing I am confident of is that the love you poured into them will have lasting effects on their spirits.

Grammy said...

My Wonderful Christine Michelle...You have once again reminded me GREATLY BLESSED I am that GOD chose me to have the privilege of being your MOTHER and the great honor it was that he loaned you to me to raise and nurture and Love. As you know I was deeply heartbroken regarding your infertility. BUT... AS we ALL Found out there was no need for heart- break at all because GOD only choose the most very special and one of the very BEST of his miracles when he chose you to become Caleb, Noah & Jonah's MOM Boy when we think we have LIFE all figured out GOD just takes over and gives us Miracles and makes us realize once again that trusting him always will bring the most WONDERFUL miracles. I have seen that in your Life, Christine and seen it in the Wonderful Mother that you are. GOD has blessed you and in turn I am blessed once again and honored to be your Mom. I Love you Sweetheart!

Owen Party of Five said...

Christine-mmmmmm. Just reading the title of your blog "grafted hearts" made me want to cry because I knew exactly why you chose it. God has/is/will use you as an instrument to teach and assist families that it makes no difference who's womb God has placed a child in...what matters is who's hands they end up in. Your children (general reference)are your children regardless of DNA links. I wish you luck with your site and I will always check it and reference others to it when I know it will impact them, cause honey I know it will! I miss you