A Journey Together...

I am branching out from my family blog, and have started this as a separate forum to discuss a topic that is so very close to my heart, and may be to yours, as well: Adoption! My amazing husband of 9 years and I have been blessed, three times over, by the gift of adoption. As many more of our friends are building their families through adoption, or considering adoption as a way to build their family, I have been feeling more of a desire to have a forum where we can share our joys, struggles, and insights with each other. My hope is to also provide a way for those who are interested, to learn more about adoption. A place where you can ask questions, and a place for your friends and family to learn how to ask questions! The more we educate ourselves and those around us about the beauty of adoption, the better we can raise our children in healthy, open environments that embrace all of who they are, all that God has created them to be. Feel free to leave your comments and ask questions. I look forward to sharing more with you!

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

And They Came Two By Two ~ The Arrival of Noah and Jonah

As it was told to friends and family that amazing month of June, 2006:

Our family has been blessed, twice again, by adoption. The Lord has continued to pour His grace on us and has answered our prayers. Andrea, our sons' Birth Mom is doing beautifully, and is a forever member of our family. She is recovering very well from the c-section. We have ALL had a joyous time bonding, and celebrating the birth of these precious boys. The twins' birth family will be gifting them their Hawaiian names. Once they have announced those, we will make sure to let you know! Babies were born at 34.5 weeks, and are VERY HEALTHY! And BEAUTIFUL! The babies are still in the hospital and are in their little incubators. They are here simply to help regulate their body temperatures as they gain a little more weight. Jonah is also on an IV, as he was not eating quite as much as Noah. They are expected to be able to come home within a week!

To give you just a glimpse of what has happened, and what our experience has been like, I'll share a bit of the story... Monday, the 5th, Matt and I packed Caleb into the van to do some last minute shopping for the babies. As we were driving into town, I received a call from Andrea. I knew she had a doctors appointment that morning, and was eager to hear how things went. She called to tell me that during her appointment, the doctor could feel one of the babies feet! So, she called to say that they were going to bring her to O'ahu from Moloka'i via air ambulance. We quickly turned the car around to take Caleb to "Papa" Dave's, then we headed back over the hill to meet Andrea at the hospital. Once she came, a nurse examined her and ran into the hall saying "I feel a foot!" Jonah had turned, but Noah was still head up, (therefore he happened to be the one trying to escape early...) They decided immediately to perform a c-section. Andrea signed me in as her support person, which meant that I could be with her as they performed the surgery. They dressed me up in a fabulous blue ensemble... Trust me, it's gonna catch on, and called me into the O.R. after they prepped her. Within minutes, I was watching, and crying, as Noah and Jonah were brought into the world. The doctors let me trim the cord's from both the boy's. Matt got to do that last time with Caleb. It was truly amazing! They then wheeled them out to Daddy, who was the official Camera Guy. It took us 2 1/2 years to go from one child to two... but only two minutes to go from two to three!

Well, I am totally exhausted, and not exactly sure if much of the above makes sense. Matt's Mom, Vonnie, will be flying in this Tuesday to stay for a whole month to help with the babies!! I am thrilled beyond all imagination to be able to have her here. Pray for her, as this will be no paradise vacation while she's here!!! Forget the beautiful beaches, Mom, it's diapers and bottles instead!!! Then the end of July, my Mom will be here for a week to enjoy all three of her handsome Grandsons!
I look forward to hearing from all of you! If I take awhile to reply, don't take it personally! ;o) We love you all and are so thankful for your prayers, and your love as we share our journey with you.

Aloha,

Matt, Christine, Caleb, Noah and Jonah

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading your boys' arrival stories again brings tears to my eyes! Thanks so much for sharing and taking time to connect folks together. :) You were such a lifeline for me during our adoption process. It is just so good to know others who've walked similar roads!

Christine said...

It is wonderful to connect with others who have shared the same struggles and joys that we have! You are in my prayers daily, and I LOVE seeing the pictures of your BEAUTIFUL baby girl! Keep me posted on how things progress...
;o)

Unknown said...

aloha jorgens ohana,
jus wanna let u folks know that i really love & miss all of you.
love you,
andrea